Tuesday 30 October 2012

Back in business

Thank goodness for that, after several days of more or less inactivity, I finally think that all is now fixed.
 Over the last few days I have been working in the garden. With the high winds there were plenty of leaves on the ground so I have picked up almost 2 black bin liner bags of leaves, just about enough to bury in the ground where I plant my runner beans. I did pull them up the other day, well not exactly because I have put a couple of bean plants in my polytunnel near the door just to see if I can get a few early runner beans. Mind you I don't know why really because I was looking in my diary and noticed that I had my first taste of beans on July 15th. I just have enough left for another 2 meals taking me to the 1st. November. Well over 3 months of beans. I can't understand why most people don't grow some. Even if they just have 4 bean sticks in a wigwam shape, the yield would be good.. Anyway I have once again dug up a couple of plants and put them in pots, large pots because the roots are large. These pots I have put into my greenhouse. Whether I move them into my garage is debatable. Will give it some thought. I think I mentioned it many moons ago that it was my Italian friend who first did this and he told me that the runner beans were stronger that way. I did try it but found that they were a little later in producing fruit. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment