Friday 5 October 2012

Requested eggs

I had to go next door to ask if she had any eggs. I had told her when I took some plums roud that soon I would like a few eggs. However she had forgotten. That must have been almost 3 weeks ago.
 When she opened the door she told me that they had been away for a week. They had been to New York. I naturally asked her if they went alone. She told me that they had and they got married. Whether in New York or here I do not know but I will find out.
  She then told me that she meant to let me know. Her Parents were going to live at her place and look after the (children) and cats as well as the chickens. Someone from the next village was looking after the pigeons. Children in brackets is because they have the brains of a child, one is about 18 the other is I guess in her 30s.
 Here I was thinking I had got the sack for the first time in my life when it was obvious I would not be able or willing to look after the two mentally handicapped people. let alone the cats, who I don't care for.  So I did not get the sack after all.  It would have been the first time in my life had I got the sack.
 I caught another mouse and hoped that this would be the last one but this morning I went in the polytunnel and found that the piece of KitKat chocolate biscuit had been eaten but the trap had not gone off so there is at least  one more mouse waiting for me to catch.
  It has been more like Autumn today, no sun at all and rather cool. I hope that we don't get a frost for the next couple of weeks because I do have quite a few of small runner beans forming and if it stays frost free I should get several more meals out of them. Here's hoping. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment