Thursday 18 October 2012

Unpleasant surprise

In October 2011 I filled up with LPG as the Company informed me that it would probably go up for the winter months. The cost was 42pence a litre. This October the same thing happened, I once again topped up with LPG and the cost was 48.5pence a litre. Yesterday I had a letter from the Company informing me that world prices of LPG had shot up so from that day, LPG would be increased by a further 5pence a litre. That is an increase of over 27% in a few days over a year.
 The Government are complaining that the Utilities have put their fuel prices up by around 8% and are looking at ways to help the consumer. I am as cettain as night follows day that they will do nothing at all to help those poor unfortunate people such as I who don't have the option of using natural gas as we are not on the gas pipe route. I am not alone. I would guess that there are over a million of us who have no natural gas available. Still we are in a minority so nothing will be done. If one complained all they would say is that we get the winter fuel allowance.
  This afternoon I had to go for my flu jab. The weather was nice and fine and thankfully there were not too many people queueing. I, unfortunately got amongst a few old people with walking sticks so had to wait a little while. Still that is it for another year. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment