Monday 1 October 2012

Early Autumn

These last few days have reminded me that the summer is over. I really should have taken notice of the mice in my polytunnel. By the way, I caught another one this morning so tomorrow I will buy some chocolate of some sort. Cheese on a mousetrap is a myth. They will not touch it. Chocolate or anything sweet is what they go after.
 Friday I did just a little more in the ditch, I didn't do too much as the ground is now a little damp. My shoes were picking up the mud. Anyway I have decided to call it a day for now.
This morning I went to have a look to see if the rubbish had been removed from the ditch that I had piled up on Friday. I only looked because yesterday it was windy but I noticed that there was smoke from the field where the large pile of rubbish was. I was surprised, well amazed really. There wasn't a thing there only ashes, everything had been burnt. The rubbish from the ditch had also been removed.
 I was somewhat surprised when I went to pick my runner beans. I managed to gather just over 1/2 lb and if the weather lasts. that is no frosts, I will be getting runner beans for another 3 weeks or so.
 My Sister rung me at the week end with news that her Daughter, my Niece has had notice to quit from her home that she rented. The Landlord was in financial difficulties and has been forced to put the property on the market. It is a worrying time as she has 2 young girls and the eldest is now at infants school in the local village where she lives. Not far from Grantham and she wants her to stay there. I doubt if this will happen. Such is life. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment