Friday 12 October 2012

Hectic day

Yesterday was a hectic day for me. I think I mentioned my mate was calling to do some work on my panels in the garden which are separating the neighbours garden from mine.
 Well just after 8.00am. My Italian friend rung up and asked me if I would be in later that morning. As I hadn't seen him for a long time I told him he was welcome to call.
 It was just before 11.00am when he called, I was a little sad because my mate hadn't arrived and there was talk of rain. About 5 minutes later he did arrive.
 No sooner did he arrive when the phone rang again. This time it was my Best Pal, he wished to see me in the afternoon. I had expected him to call on me as the Caravan Site he is on closes at the end of October.
 Well I got my mate to cut up some lenghts of wood in preparation to replace the rotting wood. The fence has been there around 17 years so I can't complain really.
 My Italian friend told me his wife is not so good, she suffers from nerves and is frightened to be left alone. I know something of what she suffers from but she is alright with me.
 Eventually he left, that meant that I could help my mate with fitting of the strenthening wood struts.
 We managed to get all we needed to get done by 12.30pm. It was then time I got dinner for us. I had cooked the chicken earlier so all I had to do was get the vegetables cooked.
 By the time we had dinner and I cleared up my mate just had time for a cuppa, it was then time for him to leave.
 When he went out my Pal was just getting out of his car. Saying cheerio to my mate, in came my Pal.
 Time seemed to go in a flash and it was soon 4.30pm. Time for him to leave. He did say that he hoped to get over just once more this year. Let's hope so.
 Finally to update the mouse situation. I have now caught 8 so far.
 Today I have been trying to secure my polytunnel. I will not know until a few weeks have passed because I don't know if there are anymore mice already in the polytunnel. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment