Tuesday 23 October 2012

Golf

The Guy who used to work for me many years ago rung me last night. I must be honest and say he does ring me faily regularly. I asked him how things were and he told me that he had been playing golf at Wentworth in September. It was by invitation only and was Charity Competition. The cost per person was £200 but he was given four tickets for £400.
 His Daughter has a boyfriend who is a golf professional so he was one who went. He also knew a colleague who works for the Company he works but is in a different area so he and a friend wished to go.
 He told me that caddies were provided.
 He did contact them earlier asking if it was possible to book a meal but was informed that meals were only served to Club Bembers only. He then asked if he could get a breakfast there because it was a long way from the West of England to Wentworth. He was then told to go and see the Secretary upon arrival. This he did and a breakfast was provided. The Secretary also informed him that the greens had been lost and that  a regenerastion programme was in progress so that they were not to the highest of standards.
 Well they all played their rounds and surprisingly the Club Secretary greeted them when they had finished their round of golf and asked them how they had got on. My ex employee told him that the day was good but unfortunately the greens did spoil their day a little. He was somewhat surprised at his reply. He informed him that if he contacted him next April, he would arrange a day of golf, free of charge with once again 4 caddies.
 When he got home he decided to e-mail the Secretary just to see if he had meant what he said. The Secretary confirmed that this offer was bona fide. So he is looking forward to a day out at Wentworth.
 Whether it is true or not, he did tell me that a round of golf at Wentworth would cost in the region of £250.
 I did tell him that the trilby tour was on Sky later. He did tell me that he looked at entering that competition but the cost of £250 was just a little too high for what it was worth. Mind you, since it started in 2007, the competition has gone from strength to strength. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment