Wednesday 17 October 2012

Bits and bobs

Yesterday I went as usual to get my Pension and also went to the bottle bank to put a coffee jar in the glass bin. Unfortunately for me I left my car door open and not thinking just put the jar in the container and as I turned to get into the car, it started to move the wind had made it go forward. I went running after the car but thankfully there was a puddle of water and that slowed it enough for me to get in the car. I then went to put my repeat prescription in the local dispensary. I went to the window and asked them if they could help me. I told them that when I went last month for my diabetes check the head Nurse informed me that my B.P was high and if I agreed she would double my dosage to 100 mgs a day. I agreed but nothing had been done.
 The head of the dispensary informed me that unfortunately they had no connection on their computer but when connection was restored she would enquire for me.
 Imagine my amazement when around 1.30pm. the door bell rang, as I went to answer and was trying to think who it could be but was shocked to see the delivery man of my prescriptions. I told him what had happened. Normally I hand in my repeat prescription and get the medication the following day which is good but to receive it the same day was fantastic.
 The mention of having no connection was and is a sore point with me. I, once again have difficulty with my broadband speed. I rung yet again the technical department, which is free phone but one seems to get a differeng person each time.
 This guy was, as all of them have been nice and helpful. I explained that I have been having trouble for several weeks and the last time I was told that they were going to start from the beginning and I would have no connection for a few days but after 10 days all would be well.
 He asked me if I had rebotted my router. I told him that I had not and was informed that I must leave it turned on at all times. I then gave him my download speed which I had tested it was 0.1mgs just about dial up speed. He then asked me to wait while he checked my line. After a couple of minutes he casme back and told me that the line spedd to my home was good but the speed showing from my router was 0.1mgs. He then told me that he had done all he could and I also had done everything and the last resort was to replace my router free of charge although I was just out of warranty.
 So now I wait for the new router with cables and filters, I have informed my mate who will, hopefully be here next week so he will replace the router.
 Finally the guy told me that if this does not work then they would have to get on to B.T to check to see what id wrong with the line. Mind you, it is only these last few months that I have had any trouble, so I hope that a new router will solve the problem. Here's hoping. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment