Wednesday 10 October 2012

Very quiet

These last few days have been very quiet, except for catching mice. To date I have caught 7 mice in my polytunnel. I have tried to make the polytunnel more secure so hopefully I will not be having any more visitors.
  It has been reasonably sunny recently and where some places have had frosts, we here have just avoided them. This morning was as near to a frost as it can be but my runner beans have survived. There are a few beanlets on and if there are no frosts for the next 2 weeks I will probably get enough beans to have a meal every other day.
  I have pulled my french beans up in the polytunnel, I have been pleased with what I had because it is the first time I have set them so late.
 I do have a small marrow forming so keeping my fingers crossed I should get a couple of meals off it.
 Soon it will be carrots and cabbage, I think I will have enough carrots for most of the winter, as for cabbage, there is no way I will have enough.
 There was talk today of prices going up regarding fruit and vegetables because of the poor summer. I have been telling everyone that this would be so. According to my garden, fruit will be expensive and according to the local Farmer bread and pork will be more expensive as the wheat production is down by around 15%.
 Typical, my mate  is calling tomorrow, supposedly to help with some work. The weather tomorrow is forecast to be very wet. Still they have been known to be wrong, unfortunately it is generally when they forecast a good day and it turns out to be a poor day.
 Still getting some tomatoes but will never get all ripe. I don't know why but they all seemed late this year. Still look forward to next year when perhaps the weather will be better. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment