Monday 17 June 2013

As you were

This morning I had to go to my local Surgery for blood tests and other things.
 As I parked I saw an old golfing colleague who was parked next to me. He then told me what had happened. He had gone to the Surgery to book an appointment with one of the G.Ps. only to be told that all the slots had been fully booked up for today. I told him that I as far as I knew one had to ring the receptionist for an appointment and a G.P would contact the person. He told me that this system had been scrapped as something had gone wrong. To be honest it seemed as if the system was still not working if it was not possible to make an appointment that day after going to the Surgery.
 After talking about golf in general, I reminded him that the most enjoyable golf contest I had played was with him and his Son. Incidentally his Son won a European tournament but unfortunately had to retire from professional golf because of a back injury. He then went to Hoylake area to become a Club professional. I was then told that he and his wife were going to see him this week end. I told him to give him my regards. I got on very well with both him and his Son.
Eventually I booked in for my blood test, a few minutes late but no matter. I was ushered in to Sally, my usual Nurse who takes my B.P. and blood test. I immediately noticed that she had lost quite a lot of weight and remarked on it. She told me that it was because of family problems. I didn't wish to pry so didn't press her further. She told me also that her Husband was none too well. She had made him go to a G.P with breathing problems. It turns out that he will have to have a stent fitted so she is a little worried about him too.
 Turning to other things she told me that once more she was going to go ahead with another litter of Poodle puppies so that will keep her occupied.
 Turning to the garden she told me that she had bought off the web a black grape that was seedless. I didn't ask if there were white grapes too that were seedless. I haven't gone online either to see but my mate would love a seedless white grape. Incidentally the black grape is a desert grape so should be nice and sweet. Next time I go will be in September so I will ask her if all is well with the grapes. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment