Monday 10 June 2013

More quirky things

As I was bought up to clean my shoes whenever I went out I still do this even though I am in the latter stages of my life.
 I went to the Bank this morning. Incidentally it was cold the temperature being 11c. I am waiting for the weather to change because here in many parts of Lincolnshire it has been dreadful weather with little or no sun and a biting wind off the cold North Sea.
 I did, of course clean my shoes. I never wear trainers, sneakers I think they are called in the USA. So people who wear trainers will probably never polish their trainers at all for they do not need any polish. I still have several pairs of shoes that I have never worn but like most folks, I have preferred shoes, the ones that are most comfortable.
 the family next door, who have the chickens told me that they will be building an extension soon. This won't bother me at all but the other side, they too are going to build an extension and this will affect me. It seems as if they are also going to concrete some of their back yard and park their cars out there. At the moment they have 3 cars and a campavan. they also have their Son's mate call regular and he too has a car so I guess it will be like a small garage when it is all completed.
 My New potatoes are somewhat disappointing as most of the tubers are producing only 3 or so potatoes. These are Arran Pilot, which I have always found to be very reliable, the other sets that I planted are Pentland Javelin. Although I haven't lifted any up yet, I have noticed that some are beginning to show so I have just covered them up. I feel confident that they will crop much better.
 This week I have nothing on much but next week I have a full Diary. On Monday I have to go to the local Surgery for blood tests. On Wednesday I go to have my eyes tested. I go to Grantham as I like the guy who tests my eyes. I have had him test my eyes for probably the last 6 of 8 eye tests. I just ask for him now and it is granted.
 On Friday I have to have my eyes examined. This is because I have diabetes and they photo your eyes to see that you have nothing serious with them. This is to pick up anything out of the ordinary. I get recalled each year as I do for my eye test at Grantham.
 By the way, as I am getting older and more forgetful I check my spelling. I thought for a moment I had no mistakes at allbut my computer is sorking very slow so it took a while for the mistakes to be highlighted and I was feeling pleased with myself. That will teach me. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment