Thursday 13 June 2013

Definitely mad

This morning I got up and put out my garden waste bin. I did this early because my Mate called yesterday and I asked him if he could take away a bulky item as I wished to do a little decorating. This he did and I am truly grateful.
 Anyway I decided to start the decorating in my sitting room.
 I decided to alter a colour on one of the walls so I had to give it 3 coats.
 Around 10.30am. I decided to have a quick break and get a drink. Earlier I had prepared my vegetables for my mid day meal so had nothing to bother about. After 10 or so minutes I carried on my decorating.
 It was about 11.45am. when I remembered I hadn't put any fresh mint in my new potatoes so I hurried outside to pick a sprig. I suddenly heard a lorry. I knew what this was it was the domestic waste collection. I dashed back inside and got hold of my bag, a supermarket bag, it was not really full. I dashed out the front only to see the wagon trundling up the road. About 80 metres up the road are 3 more properties so I decided to run(well trot really) after the wagon. I just about made it and waved to the men that I had my waste. One guy told me not to worry and I should have left it until the next visit. Not me though, I was in a state of collapse gasping for breath and walking back to my bungalow was puffing and panting like mad. I was still severely out of breath when I got back.
 It was then that I noticed I had left the front door open, also the back door too.
 Thank goodness my Mate had bought me some fly spray as the odd fly had decided to make my home their home. Not for long though.
 Anyway after resting for a few minutes I finished my decorating. At least it looks cleaner.
 I had originally though I would take a photo of my domestic waste as I am proud that even with my medication I manage to fit it all in a supermarket bag. Incidentally I asked the collectors ages ago if it was alright if I just put my bag out instead of putting my domestic waste bin out. The indicated that this was fine and it suited them as it was so easy to pick up a bag and sling in to the wagon.
Where was I? Talk about growing old gracefully I must be mad. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment