Tuesday 25 June 2013

Solar

These last few days have not been the best for producing solar power but things will generally equal itself over a year.
 I noticed in the local newspaper an advert stating that a 4kw. system would be fitted for a cost of less than £6000. My best Pal who gave me this paper, his Son paid £16000 for the same size system. He did get a better tariff than what is paid now but pro rata is within the odd percentage point. The main difference is that it is guaranteed for 20 years instead of 25. I will certainly not live to see my guarantee through.
 I mentioned it to 3 people, my mate who has a partner, although we don't see eye to eye. I would never do anything against her and I told him that I thought it was a good price. He readily agreed with me and so set the wheels in motion to do some research.
 I told the other 2 but the first one said that they were very interested but they were having an extension built.
 The third one was interested. I suggested that they get a no obligation survey done. A few days later I asked him what was happening. I was a little disappointed at the reply. He told me that although it was a good deal, his Wife was talking about a replacement car so he didn't want to leave himself short of money.
 He had told me prior that he had a fridge and a freezer. This alone would cost him in the region of £350 a year, saving him at least half with the electricity he would save. I also tried to work out how much the cost of another car. Depreciation over 3 years plus the cost of excise duty motor insurance, servicing and of course the cost of fuel would cost a lot more than the initial cost of fitting solar panels. There would also be savings on electricity and the return on solar generated.  I guess |i have wasted my time, I will never tell anyone else as I think most are not aware of the financial advantages that are available.
 Finally I am sure my mate will tell his partner the advantages and will be surprised and disappointed if she does not proceed with the installation of solar panels. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment