Tuesday 18 June 2013

Like old times

I just could not let this opportunity go by. It was a brief sunny spell this morning when I saw the Peacock butterfly on a Scabious flower. It just ignored me completely. In fact I went in and got my camera and managed to get this photo. Unfortunately the sun was so bright that I could not see in the view finder where exactly I had the camera pointed. Just as well I took a couple of snaps, naturally this was the best. Just as well I took the photo when I did because a little later in the day it turned out very dull and cool, also a little rain too. By the way the red flowers are Geum Mrs. Bradshaw. The yellow flower is a Rose, beautifully scented but unfortunately have no idea what it is called. Next door gave me a cutting a few years ago.
As I went to get my State Pension this morning, something happened that bought back memories of old times.
 I had only travelled about 1000 metres when I saw a herd of cattle sauntering along the main road. At the head was a guy using a mobile phone. I stopped and waited for the cattle to pass by. I found it a little uncomfortable, stupid of me really as many years ago I always fed the cattle on Christmas Day together with my ex Brother-in Law. It made sure that the staff had Christmas Day off and I liked it. I guess this is now because I am getting older and feel a little less confident.
  The cattle were being transferred from one field to another, this used to be a regular occurrence years ago but this was the first time in several years. I guess there were about 80 cattle and funnily enough no other traffic was waiting behind me but there was a queue of traffic coming the other way. The whole operation took  a little less than 5 minutes. What surprised me was the lazy way the cattle moved, just a stroll really.
 Now tomorrow I go to have my eyes tested, more expense. Mind you, they did ring me up to confirm that I would be there at the appointed time. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment