Tuesday 11 February 2014

Bottles installed

Yesterday morning I had a phone call from Calor informing me that today the engineer would be calling to disconnect the Bulk Tank and install the 4 bottles that had been delivered earlier.
 I got up about 7.30am. it was dark and had just started to rain, it was also cold and there was ice on the bird bath, although it was a little above freezing.
 To be honest, I had got up earlier, at 6.30am. to put on my central heating as I didn't know what time the engineer would arrive.
 About 10.00am. I went out to read the dial on the tank, it was perilously low so turned down the thermostat down a little. I don't think I needed to worry for about 20 minutes later the door bell rang. It was the engineer. Not only was it raining but cold and windy too. He first checked the level of fuel in the gauge and told me I had enough for about 3 days, depending on how I used it of course.
He worked well and I insisted that he had a break and a cuppa soon after 11.15am. He told me that his gloves had got wet so that his hands were beginning to get cold and the cuppa was most welcome.
I had a few bits that had been delivered earlier and when he saw them he suggested that he take them back to the depot, to be honest I was thrilled to bits. He asked me if I could get rid of the pallet I of course told him that it was no problem.
As he worked, the weather seemed to get worse, the rain heavier and the wind stronger. He had just about finished when the rain turned to sleet and snow. He managed to complete the conversion just before 12.30pm.
 It is typical because soon after he had finished the rain and snow ceased and soon after 1.30pm. the sun tried to shine a little. Not a good day for my solar all the same.
 Still I feel we have been fortunate over on the East Coast as we have not had the volume of rain that the Southern half of the Country has had. The pictures on T.V. show just how disastrous the weather has been this winter. To be honest the forecast for the next few days give us no hope of a drier period. Let us keep our fingers crossed for better days soon. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment