Thursday 6 February 2014

Service

This morning I got up early for two reasons. The first was I had to get my car in for the Service and MOT by 8.30am. The second reason was that my Italian friend together with his wife was meeting me at about 9.30am. and then bringing me back to mine for a drink and a talk, thus making the wait for the service and MOT  a lot less of a hassle. So I had time to prepare all my vegetables before hand so all I would have to do was cook them when I managed to get home after the Service and MOT.
 I managed to get at the Garage just before 8.30.am and told the guy that his Father-in Law would be meeting me about 9.30am. and that I was going to do a little shopping.
 Off I went at a slow saunter making my way to the local Butcher Shop. I was not sure when they opened but I thought it was 9.00am. I was wrong because I arrived a little before 8.50am and they were open. One of the partners informed me that they opened at 7.30am. This rather surprised me anyway I bought a Pork Pie, some sausages(best) some stewing beef, a lamb chop the one with the least fat and some lambs liver. In total around £15. I then strolled back to the local warehouse where my colleague who is Railway mad works. Unfortunately I didn't find him there. I bought some scones and a swede and after talking for a few minutes made my way back to the garage. The time though was 9.05am. I had some 25 minutes to kill but noticed my car was coming out of the MOT place. The guy gave me the good news that the first hurdle had been completed and all was well. Now all it wanted was a complete service. A few minutes later the Owner got in the car and before he drove it in to the workshop I asked him how long it would be, he replied that it would be near Noon when it would be ready. He also asked me if Pas, the nickname for my Italian friend had forgotten me. I told him it was not 9.30am. yet. I went out onto the street and all of a sudden the car with him and his Wife was pulling up beside me. His Wife immediately got out of the front seat, it being a 3 door and went and sat in the rear. I told her that I would sit in the back seat but she insisted that she sat there.
 Off we went to my home and I put the kettle on so we could have a cup of coffee. It was great to see that she had improved a lot. She told me she had been given some electric shock treatment and so far the improvement had been dramatic. Let us hope it keeps that way.
 Around 11.00am I suggested that they go and get their shopping done but Pas insisted that he would wait another 15 minutes just to make sure I didn't have to wait around when they dropped me off.
 Sure enough I arrived back at the garage around 11.40am. and the car was ready. I paid the man and travelled back home arriving soon after Noon. Then started to get my dinner ready. I normally eat around 12.30pm. today though it was a little later.
Around 2.45pm. rang Calor informing them that the Bulk Tank was around 5% full and the switch over to bottles was now ready and at their convenience. The lady informed me that most probably this would happen some time next week but she would contact me with a day. So now I wait, just as I have been waiting for my repeat medicines. I took the repeat prescription in on Tuesday. Normally it is here the next day, sometimes the same day. I bet I have to contact them. Bother! More soon.
Wow!!! The doorbell just rang it was the delivery man with my repeat prescription. He just told me he had got stuck in someone's drive as it was muddy. He had an awful job getting out of the drive. By the way, it is raining now so I don't suppose he will be pulling into their drive anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment