Tuesday 18 February 2014

Pottering

This was the state of the orchard part of the garden after my neighbour kindly cut down my Leylandi trees. It didn't look great.                       
 Now with the weather getting just a little kinder I decided over the week end to make a start and as you can see, well I hope you will agree with me that it looks much better. If you look closely you will see a few daffodils.
This part is not as good as I hope it will be when I have completed it.       
This next photo shows what I have done so far. Just levelling of the soil as well as I could as the roots of the tree stumps make that difficult. I haven't laid the ground suppressant yet but it gives an idea as to what I hope all will look like when it is completed. There are several daffodil bulbs there and I will make sure that they will get sufficient light to thrive.
                            
My mate will be here tomorrow, this is the top of my orchard part of my garden and it is my hope that a fence will be erected to screen off the property and also deter the rabbits as they are a nuisance.                      
I had a phone call from Calor a short time ago informing me that the Bulk Tank, which is now redundant will be picked up next Wednesday. A week tomorrow. That will be nice but to be honest I have had it there for so long it will seem strange without that tank at the side of my property. Still it was nice of them to let me know as I need not be around when the tank is being removed. More soon.                                                                                      
 

No comments:

Post a Comment