Tuesday 4 February 2014

Door fixed

I was surprised to find the door bell ringing just after Noon on Friday. I must say the Guy did telephone me stating he would be at mine between Noon and 2.00pm.
 As soon as he arrived he knew what was wrong and had a piece of sealing with him. He informed me that he had come across this situation the odd time before and thought the cause was because the fitting of the door had been too tight. The bottom piece of seal just clipped off and a new piece was fitted within a couple of minutes. He then told me he would adjust the door so hopefully this problem would not occur again. He was gone within 10 minutes so hopefully all will be well from now on.
 I had a word with the young Guy next door asking him when the fence would be done as it looked like a glorified Builders Yard. He told me that he would be busy with the door which soon should arrive. It is a concertina door that stretches the full width of the extension. I reminded  him that the door would be fitted by the Company who was supplying it. He readily agreed but then said that he had to do all the interior. With this I decided to cover my raised beds with some wood that I managed to salvage from the fencing I had replaced. My mate had cut them in half. Anyway I have been busy for these last few days starting to box them in. I have noticed that many of the lengths of wood are in a very poor state but hopefully will get sufficient to do 4 of my raised beds.
 I must admit the weather theses last couple of days have been kind to us on the East Coast, not at all on the West Country and South Wales, they have had the brunt of dreadful weather and to be honest there are no signs of it improving soon.
 I rung my Italian friend last night. To my surprise it was his Wife who answered, it was nice to hear from her as she has been ill for some time. The long and short of it is, that both will meet me at his Son-in-Laws Garage on Thursday morning and bring me back to my home where we will have a coffee and chat thus making it much better for me as waiting in a cold draughty Garage for about 4 hours is not recommended. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment