Friday 28 February 2014

A little painting

As you can see the bulk tank has been removed. I have raked the shingle so hopefully it looks as if there has never been anything there at all. What I omitted to write was that when the man was hooking up the old tank, we got talking and he told me that if I had wished I could have an underground tank but I would have to prepare the ground at my own expense and all Calor would do is then deliver the tank into the hole I had prepared. No wonder most are having bottles .
This morning it was very frosty, one of the few mornings this winter when I woke to see the heavy frost. Tomorrow is supposed to be a similar start to the day. I will have to go to the greenhouse and put some protection over my plants.
 The sun shone but very soon turned hazy, all the same I decided to paint my fencing. I hope it is noticeable the difference between the painted ones and the ones ready to be painted. I found my last creosote. I had 1/2 a 4ltr. tub. I mixed it with old sump oil. The old Farmers always used creosote, diesel and sump oil in equal portions. They always painted their gates and fences with the mixture. what they use now with creosote no longer available I just do not know.
 Anyway I managed to complete the painting of my fencing in the front soon after 3.00pm. I though it was time to give them another coat as it must be 5 years since I last painted them.
 I forgot to mention but I am sure I mentioned it last Autumn that I had saved eating and cooking apple. I always place them in trays in the garage, With this winter being damp and mild, I had many more apples go rotten than usual. I normally get about 20 apples go bad during the winter and the rest will keep until some time in March. This winter however I used all of my apples up just over 2 weeks ago. Both the cookers and eaters lasted until early February. Now I am buying apples. I can't grumble though as I didn't buy an apple from about August last year until recently. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment