Wednesday 26 February 2014

Tank gone

Around 3.30pm. Calor came and removed my Bulk Tank. I think I have had it for nearly 20 years. It will now be scrapped. By the looks of the state of the tank it was time for it to be scrapped.
This morning I went out and took this photo of a daffodil. This is the earliest I have ever had a daffodil. Last year, with the cold Easterly gales we had for most of the winter it was nearly the end of March before they flowered
 
I decided to take these photos of the polyanthus in my garden. They are about 2 weeks earlier than normal. They add a little colour though.
I tried to do a little digging on my raised beds but with the heavy rain we had yesterday, the ground was not quite dry enough so I called it a day after trying to dig half of the bed. Today though was much better. The mornings are lighter earlier and the evenings are beginning to draw out.
I went for a haircut yesterday and the Barber asked me when it was Spring. I immediately told him March 21st. He looked at me and then told me he had asked several folks and none could give him the correct answer. It makes one wonder if the education is getting worse. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment