Thursday 9 February 2017

Order.

Yesterday I waited for my order from Sainsbury's to arrive. Just before 11.30.am. the van arrived.I had opened my front gates so he could pull on my drive. He had stopped outside so I gestured for him to come on the driveway which he duly did backing in and up more or less to my front door. He told me that Sainsbury's did not allow their vehicles to enter private properties unless invited to do so. I then informed him that if my gates were open he would have permission to enter my property as I only opened my gates when someone was going to visit me.
 He introduced himself to me and said as I was a new customer he would explain the system which was straight forward. He also mentioned the cold weather, I then suggested to him that if he filled a box I could then take it inside and empty it on my table and work surfaces while he filled the second. He readily agreed and after 4 boxes I had my delivery and he had the 4 empty boxes. He thanked me and told me he hoped to see me soon. I told him I too hoped so too and after he had left I would then shut the gates.
 So in I went to inspect the goods. The first thing I looked at was the Lambs Liver, what I saw was disappointing as it was New Zealand. I then checked the other Lamb, sure enough the leg of Lamb was also New Zealand but the boneless shoulder was English.
 As I had decided to have liver for my dinner, which I had prepared my potatoes and vegetables I opened the vacuum packed liver.  Although it look ed nice there was an awful lot of it but not to be daunted I selected the best slices and cooked them, at the same time cooking the rest of my dinner. To be honest I was amazed at the taste of the liver, it was equally as good as any English liver I had tasted and if anyone had asked me I would have told them it was in fact English.
 I then checked the remaining goods and found them to be very good. The skimmed milk had a 9 day shelf life and other items had a good shelf life too. The cauliflower was in excellent condition, the savoy was perfectly acceptable. In fact I found everything to be in very good condition.
 This morning I decided to try the leg of lamb being as it was New Zealand. It was vacuum packed so it was nice, I cooked it and to be honest it was very nice indeed. So now at least I know first hand that Sainsbury's goods are not bad at all.
 I worked it out and as I had the bill for a little over £64 + £2 delivery charge. With the £18 discount I had saved about 75% on the regular price. I was well satisfied and would recommend them to anyone. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment