Thursday 2 February 2017

Disconnecting

As promised my mate came yesterday not only to dosconnect the washer but to have a meal too. He is very good at DIY not like me at all.
 I had told him that I thought the cables carrying water to the washer did not close completely and when I had a new carpet fitted the guy laying the carpet told me to get a bowl to catch the water. This must have been about 10 years ago.
 Anyway my mate pulled out the washer then started to disconnect the pipes from the hot and cold water supply. that was so old that the modern washers only have a cold refill but this was well over 22 years old. He told me that they were leaking and as I had a sure stop fitted, the cold water was not a problem, unfortunately for us no such thing was available for the hot water supply. He told me that we would need some new fittings. I told him that a local supply shop was about 5 miles away so we went in his car off to the suppliers. It was raining very hard, I told him that the weather people said it had been a dry January but not here. He concurred and said he had noticed on his way to Boston the other day that the fields standing water was there in abundance.
 We got the fittings and got back to mine, I then started to get the dinner ready while he fitted the cold supply pipe. Then he started to work on the hot water supply only to blank it off. Suddenly he asked me if I had a penny coin, I told him that I had and gave him one. He fitted it in the pipe and then told me that it been fixed. He really is good.
 last night I went Online to see when the delivery would approximately be, I was given a time of 10.10.am. to 14.10.pm. So I went to bed knowing that the delivery would be before late afternoon.
 This morning soon after 9.00.am. the telephone rang. It was KnowHow the delivery man, he told me it was a courtesy call informing me that they would be about 30 minutes. About 30 minutes later I had another call, first asking where I was and second telling me they would be at mine in about 10 minutes.
 I was outside talking to my Neighbour when they arrived. It was just before 10.00.am. They soon had the old washer removed but the guy who came inside told his partner that it was very heavy, then in came the new washer they took all the packaging away with them and was gone within 5 minutes. So just after 10.00.am. the delivery was completed. Needless to say I was very satisfied as one gets fed up waiting. Now I wait for my mate to install the washer. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment