Tuesday 7 February 2017

Rather busy.

On Saturday morning I rung my mate up as usual but had no reply so I decided to have a go at connecting the new washer. First I took out the transportation bolts out then struggled to get under the worksurface where the washer is to be fitted. the same place as the old one. I eventually managed to get all fitted and then decided to wait for a couple of hours, first to see if my mate would contact me and second to see if there were any leaks.
 As my mate didn't ring up I though I would try to get the washer in a more convenient place so that it would not be a hazard to me. After some time I managed to get the washer into the space and luckily for me also managed to rehang the cupboard door. So it was now in some sort of situ.
 I e-mailed my mate with the news and as I had expected he rung me up the following day. I had done some washing and was very pleased with the outcome.
 My mate was pleasantly surprised with the news but at least it didn't put pressure on him to make a special visit to fit the washer. Hopefully he will be here some time next week.
 Yes!! I have finally done it, registered and bought groceries Online from Sainsbury's.
 It was reasonably straight forward, the only snag was when they wanted to know a little more about where I lived, also they asked for a nickname. That said all is well. I did have a little difficulty finding where the discount was but it is I think called e-voucher.
 I entered my details and followed procedures and I only noticed at the last moment the e-voucher code. When I entered SAVE18 immediately came a red note stating that I was entitled to a one off discount being a new customer using the service for the first time. I had placed an order for a total of £64 that reduced it to £46.  I then went to book a timeslot but there were only a few timeslots available. They were generally from £2 to £3 a delivery but if one wished a delivery at 10.00pm or a little later it was just £1.  All afternoon there was nothing but there were a couple of hours from 11.00.am to 1.00.pm. I chose the 11.00.am to Noon for £2. This meant a total of £48. I was also given the option of having bags which would cost 40p per order but I decided to decline the offer.
 So it works out that a discount of over 25% is given for a first order. According to the leaflet I received there will be sent via e-mail another 4 discount offers for a £10 discount on a the next 4 orders of £50 or more. There is obviously a time limit on these discounts. We will wait and see what transpires. By the way, the offer is open to all new customers providing they deliver to the area where one lives. I gave the leaflet to the Woman next door, but I don't suppose she will use it. The offer runs out on March 11th. this year I think. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment