Tuesday 21 February 2017

Playing

Before I start about the pressure washer I have posted a recipe for Lemon Dainty. I found this in an old book called Farmhouse Kitchen. It was in conjunction with Yorkshire Television which the programme was shown. This pudding I thought would be ideal for my mate's Partner, also my mate loves lemons. Anyone who reads this I do urge them to try it, I am quite prepared to accept adverse reactions.
 Now to pressure washing, as you can see the difference between what I had done and not is enormous. i carried on merrily without much thought to how much water I was using. Mind you my garden is large but my water butt too is large. By the time I had reached the limit of my hose pipe I was surprised that I had used over 50% of the water in the large butt. So now I am hoping for a little rain  to start to refill the butts.
 As it was a lovely week end I set a few seed potatoes, first earlies of course and covered with polycarbonate.
 The lad popped round on Saturday morning so I told him I would cook him a few chips. On that he told me that was good and he would go and tell his carer that he would not need anything to eat as he was eating at mine.
 I don't know if I had mentioned it before but my mate got me an Air Frier, not that I have many chips, I think I have had it well over a month and had a few chips three times, I was very impressed with the outcome. I do in fact cover the raw chips with a little more oil than most would and they are very nice indeed.
 Anyway my mate had told me when he bought it to me that I could do a lot of things also so I looked at the instruction book and saw as he had told me I could cook sausages not quite at the same time as chips but when they were about half cooked add the sausage. I than asked the lad if he would like beans or an egg. He chose egg, I did ask  him if he wished to have 2 but he said  1 would be alright. He also wanted a bread roll. Remember I was having roast pork with apple sauce, potatoes, carrots, cauliflower and cabbage so I had my hands full.
 The sausages were perfect and the chips which were not Maris Piper were very nice. Maris Piper is what the chip shops use as they are the best for making chips.
 I have ordered from Sainsbury's again but was a little disappointed for when I went Online I was informed that there were 41 Lamb selections but when I logged in to my account and to the Lamb selection I saw that there were only 11 selections available and not what I wanted that is boneless leg.
 I sent my order in but decided to inquire if I was ever likely to have boneless Lamb. I went on the chat line and didn't have to wait long for someone to come to my aid.
 To be honest I can't fault them at all. After going to check to see if they did boneless Lamb he then gave me  item number which he told me to put it in the search box and if it was available then I could then order it. I will try to access the boneless leg of Lamb next time I order. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment