Tuesday 14 February 2017

Sunny

As today was the first day in a while that the sun shone, I decided to set the broad beans from their pots which I sown in early January. Whether I will do that again is doubtful for when I tried to plant them out I kept losing my balance and found it increasingly difficult to get them planted. I did manage it though so they are now in the ground.
 later the lad came round and I told him that we would go round and sow some seeds in pots. Before I went on to get the seeds in pots I had a look at his little garden and noticed that he had made an effort to get some of the weeds up. I asked him to get the garden fork, I then gave the ground a good dig so that he could get the small fork and trowel which he tried and found it easy. I showed him what to do and set the first broad been seed then I let him set the remaining seeds in pots. I told him we would look for some wood so that we could stake them as they grew taller just to stop them from blowing over. He was pleased with what we had done and I told him that as his flower garden was now rid of weed I would give him a few more flowers. I intend to give him pink some more polyanthus and a snap dragon , he can't say antirrhinum which is not easy to say.
 My best Pal rang up a couple of days ago so I gave him all the details for the Sainsbury's offer. I did tell him that there was nothing on the web but it was still in force, this I told him was probably because they had such a large take up on the offer. He took all the details down and told me that Sainsbury's did deliver in their area as he had seen their van on their Estate. As there are a few in his Family he told me he would be contacting the others and would pass the message on. I did tell him that I was delighted with the delivery, on that he told me that Sainsbury's always had a good name for decent value.
 My mate is coming tomorrow but to be candid I will be a little surprised if he does proceed with the offer from Sainsbury's. As his Partner is a vegetarian, he doesn't buy meat as I buy it. The only time he has a joint of meat is here which is natural for he has more modern tastes, not like me I dislike Pizza and beefburgers, dislike immensely garlic and most sauces. At my time of life I will not try anything new. I like my beef lamb pork mince chicken and duckling. By the way we are having roast chicken from Sainsbury's. The funny thing is that on nearly all their meats  is a cooking time, I think this said cook for 1 hour and 35 minutes. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment