Tuesday 8 February 2011

Gales

Yesterday I was preoccupied with mice catching that I did not notice the damage done by the severe gales we had. It seemed to gradually get worse as the day wore on, eventually easing off just as it got dark.
Anyway I went into the fruit cage and noticed some damage, not too bad and managed to repair the damage done. I then went to check to see if I had anymore mice. No, so I have taken the trap out of the greenhouse and put it in the polytunnel.
By the way, it was frosty early on but later turned out to be a lovely day. I went to get my pension this morning and the roads seemed O K. Why I mentioned this was that I had to go to the dentist this afternoon and as I went I noticed a car in the ditch. It looked almost brand new. I just thought that perhaps the wind had caught it yesterday but I did not notice it this morning when going to get pension.
I went to the dentist and told the receptionist that I had better pay some money as I will have a large bill when my treatment is complete. I paid here £150 cash. I then noticed that there was a notice stating that in future cheques will not be accepted and it is either payment by credit card debit card or cash. Perhaps they are anticipating the phasing out of cheques. I was not there long as it was just another fitting. I go in about 2 weeks for the extraction and fitting of the new dentures.
When I left the dental surgery I went to have my hair cut. It had gone up by 5%. Still cheap though, I then called and bought some milk then made my way back home.
When I was nearing home, the place where the car I saw in the ditch. A recovery vehicle and a hospital ambulance was in attendance. I feel a little sad as I do not know if the car had just gone into the ditch when I went by, or whether it had been there for ages. One fact is that it would have been well over the hour earlier that I had noticed the car in the ditch, so there would be many vehicles that would pass the car in the ditch.
I will keep my eyes open for any news, if I hear any then I will pass it on. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment