Monday 21 February 2011

Short story

This will be a short one as this afternoon I was summoned to the Dental Surgeons chair.
Just to update all on my medication. True to his words, the Doctor at the pharmacy did get me medication to me. To be honest, I do not expect any further problems.
as I remarked, last Friday my friend called to see me, he had a few jobs to do, he really is handy. Well he was fixing a socket so that my door bell would chime close to my sitting room. He had to get a feed from up in the loft. Well he had been there for about 10 minutes when he shouted down that there was a bird in the loft. I could not believe it, but sure enough there was a sparrow. I went down and got my butterfly net. What a waste of time that was, I am hopeless. Admitted there is not a lot of room up in my loft and there are plenty of cross members. Well after about 15 minutes I said to him that it would have to stay. Almost immediately he remarked that it flew into a corner. He asked me to turn off the light which I did. He looked to see if there was any light anywhere, but on he could see none. Well that was the last we saw of the bird, so I hope it found a way out. It beats me and also my friend where it did go.
I told you how handy he was, well I was mesmerised. I had a handle come off a saucepan and expected him to say he could mend it. He just told me that it was finished. Talk about surprise. I rung him up tonight, not being able to talk very easily and told him how surprised I was he then said to me that he did not want to mend it only for it to break again with me holding boiling water. More about his visit next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment