Wednesday 2 February 2011

Surprised

As I was watching on Al Jazeera TV I noticed that beside the troubles in Egypt there was also trouble in the Yemen. Both countries, as most in the middle east are run by dictators. I thought how lucky we are here with no restrictions really at all.
To my surprise, I checked my mail, and had a mail from the rep. who is supplying the car I ordered. As I had written to him yesterday I was not really too surprised. It had an attachment to it. I can not tell you all but I think I can tell you some. This is how it started.

As the manufacturers operate a two tier pricing system it has been brought to our attention that certain manufacturers are actively attempting to restrict the supply of competitively discounted newly launched vehicles reaching the retail customer in an attempt to divert customers into paying unnecessary higher showroom prices for their vehicles than they need to.

As we only supply vehicles to private individuals and do not supply any person connected to the motor trade, to secure the delivery of your vehicle and any other customer's vehicles our supplier has deemed it necessary to require that all of our customers comply with the agreement as laid out below.
I am not allowed to go into detail but I think I can say this.I am not allowed to talk about the price and can not sell the said new car for at least 6 months from the purchase date.
I will not go into any other detail but to say, I have signed a disclaimer so I must abide by these rules.
I wonder if any other guy has had anything like this happen to them. I certainly have never had anything like that before. I guess that is why I have had to wait for the car. Incidentally he told me that it should be available within the next 12 days or so. I presume that is when he gets the disclaimer. I posted it today.
Oh well, we learn something new every day. More soon.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not a lawyer; I know next to nothing of your legal system; and the point is moot because you have signed the agreement and intend to abide by it BUT heehee... I do have comments.

    Just curious - did you not have a legal contract with the price fixed and an estimated delivery date given? I would think that the seller would be bound by the terms of the sale originally negotiated.

    I have a devious mind. I suspect the seller exceeded his authority in making the sale and risked having to "eat" the cost differential unless he could prevail upon you and other customers to let him off the hook.

    I doubt the agreement that you signed would be enforceable. In my view the restrictions are outrageous - after all you are not mutually settling a lawsuit - the seller has unilaterally pressured you into surrender your rights.

    There is no fee for this legal advice because it is made in ignorance - one might call it an "anal extrapolation".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trouble in the Middle East? I blame the internet.

    ReplyDelete