Wednesday 16 February 2011

Unbelievable

It has happened again, remember in December all the trouble I had with my prescription. Well I do feel so sorry for Nic the delivery man.
He came today, rung the doorbell and with a smile on his face handed me my medications. He then informed me that they were all O.K. I had to disappoint him by telling him that I had not got all I had ordered with the small package. I needed a supermarket size bag not a small paper bag. I then opened the paper bag, the first item I saw was different to anything I had before. I selected it and told him that this was not what I had ordered. I saw his face go from a smile to being sad. He looked at the item, looked at the label on the item and noticed that although it said similar to what I wanted it was not the same. I went to fetch the medication that I had. he checked it confirmed what I had told him, then told me to check the rest of the drugs. All the others were correct. He made me laugh, he then said that those in the dispensary would say it's that old man complaining again as usual. I then pointed out that if they delivered what was on my prescription sheet I would never have to complain. He was apologetic and I told him it was not his fault. I suggested that he would soon refuse to visit me as I caused him trouble he then told me that he would always call on me. He told me that he would get things sorted and would call again tomorrow or Friday.
About 20 minutes later the phone rang. Don't ask me this guys name. He said this is Dr ?????? I asked him to repeat his name, it made no difference I had no idea, if anybody had offered a million pounds I still had no idea. Anyway he then told me that he was the Pharmacist which dispenses prescriptions. Well the conversation went something like this. "What is it you need" I told him I wanted my medication. he then said "I have sent you the medication" I replied that it was not what I had ordered. He then said"This is just the same as you require". By now I was getting a little annoyed. I told him to listen to what I had to say. I then proceeded to tell him that ages ago my consultant had prescribed that drug but it had not been a success and was not suitable because my body was allergic to it. He then asked me to tell him what I needed. I said to him "Hold on I'll go and fetch my last issue of this drug ans proceeded to read it off to him. All of a sudden he said to me"Ah! now I understand" I then told him that he had issued this drug for a few months. He didn't reply to that but all he said was."I must order this for you as I have none in stock. I will order this now and perhaps I will get them tomorrow, if I do then I will get them out to you." I told him that I had enough for a few days anyway. We then passed pleasantries and we left.
I wonder if anybody else has the sort of trouble I have. I will say this though. I do NOT have the run of the mill drugs.
By the way I had 3 phone calls today which is most unusual. one was about the car which I will tell more at a later date. More soon.

1 comment:

  1. We are thankful that so far neither Pete nor I have to worry about prescription drugs but I can tell you for nothing that dealing with anyone who is not a local trader is just like this - pretty well whatever the service is that we're buying!

    ReplyDelete