Monday 28 February 2011

Visit

A visit to the dental surgeon today, in my NEW car. Yes it came last week, mind you I have not been anywhere in it yet. Well only to the dentist which is around 18 mile round trip.
It is an economical car doing around 65mpg. Just as well as this afternoon returning from the dentist the local garage was charging for diesel 1.41.9p per litre. I think petrol was 1.36.9.
Back to the dentist. While waiting to go in this woman was sitting and we started to talk about the weather and how cold it was today 4c. Her husband came out and I thought she had just been with him but no, she went in a few minutes later. Her husband was very talkative and was moaning about the cost of everything including dental fees. He then said to me that he supposed that I was on the state pension like him. I then told him I was on less than £100 a week. He was taken aback, he then told me that he received each month £1200. With that, his wife came out, he shook my hand and off they went. A couple of minutes later I was called in.
He welcomed me in and then I told him what was wrong. He then gave an inspection, told me that things were not quite right. He proceeded to adjust the upper set, saying that if he could do this, it would help but the lower set was not right and with my agreement he would send them back to the laboratory for readjusting as he knew what was needed. He told me that when the denture returned he would get the receptionist to contact me if that was acceptable. I said that was fine and left.
I went then to my local surgery to make an appointment to have blood tests and BP check. I am certain that my BP is still very high as on Friday afternoon I had a blood vessel burst in my eye. This is always a warning to me. Such is life though. See what tomorrow brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment