Tuesday 18 October 2011

Autumn time?

Here these last few days has been rather Autumn like. Mind you it is the middle of October. It does though seem to me that Autumn is a little earlier than the last couple of years.
Looking at my diary of last year, I can see that the fruits were earlier than normal years but it also meant that my runner beans, marrow and french beans have finished earlier than I had hoped. Even the grapes were a little earlier.
My tomatoes were not as prolific as in previous years and unfortunately some tomato plants had blight. This has meant I will be using sulphur candles, hopefully to kill any pest and diseases. I have started to clear the greenhouse and I notice that the odd pane of glass has started to slip. I went outside and inspected only to notice the clips that are fixed to hold the glass in place, well some have broken.
Luckily enough my Mate will be here this week so I will ask him to get some clips that are suitable for wooden greenhouses.
I have not forgotten about my gates either, hopefully he will adjust them also when he comes.
With me changing my ISP I only have free evening and weekends starting at 7.00pm each evening instead of 6.00pm. Incidentally these last few days my connection has been dreadfully slow. Good job I am not downloading films as this would be impossible. I doubt if I am getting 1 meg speed. Still I am connected so that is something I suppose.
Today I went for my State Pension and where I go I have taken a few bits and bobs of fruit and vegetables. To my surprise the guy who I know best came to see me and asked me what tipple I drink. I told him I do not drink as I am a diabetic. He was a little disappointed as he wished to give me something for the things I have taken them. I told him that if he wished he could get me a calendar. Not an expensive one but one with large numbers and easy to read as my eyesight is not as good as I would wish. So with a bit of luck, I will, for the first time be given something for giving fruit and vegetables. Not that I ever expect anything but it is very nice of him to even think of giving me something. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment