Thursday 20 October 2011

No friend

Yesterday I rang my friend, he then told me his Mother was not well and he thought of having the Doctor to her. I immediately told him to get the Doctor to her the next day and not to even think of coming over to see me. He agreed so after I finish my blog, I will ring him up just to see how his Mother is. By the way, he is an official carer and she is on the highest amount of help she can get. So I will wait and see how things go.
This morning when I went out to feed the birds, I noticed the bird bath was covered in ice. Not a thin layer but quite a substantial amount. Thick enough for me to press the ice and It did not break at all.
Later I went out and thought I would go to the greenhouse and remove the cucumber. I think I have mentioned it before, but my sight is not 100% and as I took the cucumber plant up I noticed a fully formed cucumber on. Heaven alone knows how long it has been there but I picked it up and put it in my salad box in my fridge. The next thing I removed was my last marrow plant. Although I have had lots of marrows on they were early and so they finished early too.
My green recycling waste bin was emptied this morning so I am starting to refill it again. They come once a fortnight but from the end of November we do not have a green waste bin collection until the following April. This is fine for folks who live in the town but for us in the country, it is sad. What most of us do is have a few bonfires in the winter months. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment