Monday 10 October 2011

Paint Job?

Well my friend came on Friday and among other things he bought me some Hammerite paint. He also adjusted the gates so that they fit better. Then it was to getting me online with e-mail.
As always, things didn't go according to plan. He followed everything they told but no working mail.
I should think it would be an hour later that I told him I was once again going to phone their help line regarding internet. The delay was approaching 20 minutes but it was a free phone line.
The guy told my friend what to do and it was not possible to get what they wanted at their end a connection so he tried an alternative approach. This also didn't work. The poor guy on the other end was at a loss as to why things were not working. He even asked us to disengage my security which we did but made no difference at all. After over an hour the guy had run out of suggestions and apologised profusely. I told him to write down that he had failed to get my e-mail working.
My friend then had to go home as he has a Mother who is not well.
It was yesterday afternoon that I decided to try to send an e-mail to another of my web sites that I have e-mail. This was sent successfully. I then sent to my default e-mail a message which I received. I then decided to send my friend an e-mail giving him the latest news and hoped he received it.
This morning I went online and sure enough I had mail, so after all my e-mail is working.
Anyway on Saturday morning I decided to paint my gates. It was cold and windy. Much paint went on the block paving and quite a lot on my hands. As the paint got cooler it became more difficult to apply. My poor eyesight doesn't help either. I get so exasperated at the lack of decent vision. It doesn't help when it comes to painting gates. I tried my best and I think they will do.
What I intend doing is publishing photos of the gates, with a before and after look. This will not be for at least 10 days as my friend will not be here to finalise the adjustments to make them look as good as they possibly can. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment