Tuesday 22 November 2011

dark dismal days

November is certainly living up to it's reputation. Dark and dismal. Saturday did brighten up a little but on Sunday and Monday it was foggy and dark.
I saw the next door neighbours on Sunday, the recent arrivals. I was surprised that he seemed concerned that he had not seen me for a week or so. I told him that I hibernate in the winter months. I went on to tell him that my mate had solar panels fitted. To my surprise he then told me that they had looked into it and their house was not suitable. I queried this with him and asked which survey company had told him that. Replying he said that they could tell by satellite. I pushed him a little further and he told me that they were in the process of selling a property so that had been put on the back burner. Mind you he did say that they could have a bank of solar panels on their about 3 acre paddock. It faces almost due south. I am convinced that they could have solar panels fitted to their roof if they so desired they face the same as I do but they are situated much higher and where they block much of the early sun to my property. They have no such objects blocking them.
Now later tonight I will ring my mate up and it is my intention to go and see him on Thursday so I will get to know all the latest news. I know that on Friday and much of Saturday he had sun so he will tell me exactly how much of electricity he has produced. I will be waiting with all ears to know what he has produced.
When I changed providers of my telephone and broadband, my old provider sent me a final bill in early October. There I was in credit to the tune of just over £80. This does not seem much to a lot but it is almost a weeks state pension.
Well today, I went to get my State Pension and asked the man who looks after me if they would credit my card which I used to pay my bills with. He told me that they would probably send a letter with a bar code letting me access my money. I then told him it was over a month ago and that it informed me that I would be refunded within 14 days. He told me to contact them immediately.
Well, when I got home, I rung the Post Office(original provider)and told them that I had not received my refund. What a performance! I was told that it must once again be processed and that would take up to another 2 weeks. She asked me if I would hold while she sent the details to"God only knows" so that they can start to process the money. I wonder if I will ever get a refund. If it takes as long as it did to get my Bond out. This was a Bond that was bought by me from the Post Office but was authorised by the Irish Bank. When it was due. Normally you get the money back. Not with the Post Office. It is put into a savings account that can not be accessed from the Post Office. It can be only done by telephone of online. What a palaver that was to get my money back. Oh well we will see what happens. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment