Wednesday 30 November 2011

NHS

I am beginning to think that the flavours of this century are internal inspections and Type 2 Diabetes.


I went to see my Sisters today and my youngest Sister told me that her Husband had gone for a colonoscopy, not the full one where they put you to sleep but an inspection of the sigmoid portion. They found something but nothing to worry about. I then told her that all of us had gone through the same procedure. We all had gone and had a colonoscopy. Mind you, only 3 of us had gone and had the procedure going down the throat. Her Husband had not had the pleasure of that yet.


Now my eldest Sister's husband has Type 2 Diabetes, and she told me that my Cousin has also Type 2 Diabetes. I wonder if most of the adult population has it. I guess it is the diet we have now although I have regular vegetables and potatoes. Very very rarely do I have chips.


Now I went to fill up with diesel. It was 137.7p a litre. I had just under 45 litres in and the cost was £48. This saved me £2.50 on what it would have cost me here. It has been many weeks since I last filled up and the average mpg is 71.9. That is quite good as I do not go on long journeys. I managed to get a herring for my dinner. It was nice but as always, I seem to suffer afterwards for getting it. Still it is only occasionally I have one and it is good for you.


I rung my mate up with the news. I was a little deflated when he told me that the diesel was only 1.36p a litre at Tesco in Skegness. In Grantham it is ASDA. They say that it is the only supermarket that has a fixed price throughout the country. So at least you know what you would pay wherever you are.
By the way, I managed to get my money back from the Post Office. £80.94p. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the name who the Postal Order was made out to. A poor effort of spelling my name. With the accompanying P.O. came a letter stating that I could pay this into my Bank Account. Well as I know them well, I decided to go and see them and explain what had happened. The teller, who I know well and has been there many years looked at the name, smiled and told me that she would put it through and expected it to be cleared. A few moments later she confirmed that it had been cleared so at least I am now £80.94 pence better off after waiting for almost 2 months. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment