Friday 25 November 2011

Viewed solar system

I managed to get to see my mate this morning. The weather was nice and sunny after overnight rain. The journey was not so good as the sun is very low in the sky and the roads were wet. I managed to get there though.
On arrival, I noticed the panels and how neat they were. This time was about 10.30am. My mate came out to meet me and I gave him a few beetroot and carrots. He gave me what I had asked him to get for me. After a good look, in we went and he showed me the inverter, at that time the electricity being generated was just under 1.3kw an hour. However an hour later it was generating 1.5kw per hour. I was impressed. He told me that up to date, he had generated over 20kw hrs of electricity. He had also managed to get his installation registered and so all is now more or less complete.
As we were walking around I asked him to show me his gas cooker. He told me that it had gone back as it was not suitable. He had a couple of engineers out to look at it and he told me that the flame was not stable. It sounded like a lack of air but I said nothing. He then told me the last engineer told him that there was not enough air getting to the cooker. Out came the instruction booklet and he had enough clearance according to the instruction booklet. However the engineer told him that he was recommending the cooker was returned and that a full refund was given.
I told him that this was great news as I had lay in bed thinking that he had just bought a gas cooker when, now he was producing electricity he would be better off with an electric cooker. Not only was it easier to install as he had a cooker point but it would be a lot cheaper to buy than a gas cooker. I told him that the best cooker would be a convection electric oven which would be fan assisted. Not only would the food cook quicker but it would be more efficient and have the added advantage that if there is a power cut, he has the gas hob as a standby. He seemed impressed by the idea. All there is at the moment is a convection microwave oven. .O.K. as a standby but not as a daily cooker.
Yesterday, I went online and ordered a watchmakers magnifying glass. I thought it typical as I expected it to be delivered today and I was at my mates place. It is rare that I have a bit of fortune but today I did. Normally the postman is here around 10.30am but this week my regular postman is on holiday so delivery is about an hour later.
I arrived back home just before noon and had no mail. I then got my dinner ready and just as I sat down to eat it, about 12.30pm. the doorbell rang. It was the relief postman. I asked him why he was so late. He told me that he had trouble with the van. He could not get a reverse gear and had to push it a couple of times but it was alright going forward. Anyway, it helped me to get my goods, most unusual for me to have something go right. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment