Friday 18 November 2011

Surprise

I rung my mate up last night and got a big surprise.
I tentatively asked him if he had a visitor that day. To my surprise and delight he told me he had. Not only had the installers of the Solar System had called, they not only came, they actually completed it in a day.
He told me that they arrived soon after 8.00am that day and worked almost none stop. They did inform him that to do the installation and get it completed in a day. they must be done before it got dark as there had to be light to make sure that all was up and running.
He had a few bits of fortune. First he was to have Hyundai Solar Panels but they were not immediately available so they fitted Sharp instead. This was good as there is a 25 year guarantee on the panels ans they should be 80% efficient at the end of 25 years. I told him that this was good. He also told me that they assessed that the income from the system would generate over £1000 per annum. He told me that they thought he would be well over 90% efficient. He said that the system was up and running and it did produce .5 of a kilowatt and that was near dusk. He will let me know just how much electricity it produces when the spring and summer months arrive as during the winter period it will not produce too much. At 43+p per kilowatt hour it will produce, this will be a cash generating project. Bear in mind that the price will increase each year in line with inflation.
Overall, he told me he is thrilled with the system and has checked all other equipment that has been fitted such as the inverter and has found that the fixtures were of the highest standard.
The only person who was not pleases was his Mother, she was left shut inside. I told him that this is normal. Her space has been invaded but she will see the benefits, hopefully.
It is my intention to go over to see him next week so I will have an update and a tour of the system. By the way, the sun shone for quite some time today, so he will have some idea as to what it will be able to generate. I am looking forward to seeing the system. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment