Thursday 3 November 2011

A little sad

Yesterday, I was a little too sad to bother with my blog.
As you know, I have decided to try to have solar power installed. It is sods law I guess. Just as I started to bother, the Government has decided to cut the payments made to everyone who produces electricity through solar power from 43.3p. to 21p. This will come into force from December 12th, this year. My friend sent me an e-mail and later told me that the larger payments would continue until April next year.
Well arrangements were made for a survey to be conducted on Wednesday 2nd. November this year at 1.00pm. Well yesterday morning I had a phone call from the guy who was going to to come and do a survey. He first asked me if I was having a 4kw fitted. I told him I was looking for a 3kw. He then told me he was snowed under and he could not get to me today. He then suggested he could do a survey over the phone. I could see that he was not really interested. Anyway he gave me a quote. I told him that I was not sure that I was acceptable to get enough solar power as I had a large house next door. He brushed it off. I also told him that I wanted a basic system as I did not expect to live another 10 years. He then upset me by stating he didn't believe me. I guess there is no answer to that.
Anyway I e-mailed my friend with the quote he gave me, which was far too expensive for me. He e-mailed me back stating that the quote he received for the cheaper panels was over 20% less than he had quoted me over the phone. So I guess that I will not be getting any solar energy.
I will, naturally keep all informed if something does come out of this. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment