Thursday 9 May 2013

Cooler

This morning for the first time in a few days my Central Heating cut in. I have it on all the year round so if it is cool the C.H automatically comes on.
 With the cool weather came the wind, very strong and rain is forecast. I will believe that when I see rain because rain has been forecast for several days but here we have had nothing at all.
 Yesterday I went to open my gates and noticed that the gate had dropped. I had to lift it to open the gates. I then took a closer look and saw that one of the screws holding the gate had broken. My mate had fixed the gate properly but unfortunately I supplied the screws and I guess neither of us would have given it a thought about the strength or in this case the weakness. The screw bit was left in the wall.  The screw had just snapped near the wall.
 Anyway I asked my neighbour if he could have a look. Immediately he told me that it was not practicable to drill out the screw bit but thought a strap would be O.K. He then told me he would look to find one as he was sure he had one somewhere.
 I was in the garden about an hour later  when he called me over. He showed me a strap and it looked good and strong. He then told me that he would come round in about an hour but he would have to use my electric as the power needed was not sufficient for his rechargeable.
 I went out the front about an hour later to fine him just coming round. He had everything ready, I plugged his extension cable in while he marked the places to drill. Drilled the holes put the plugs in then fitted the strap and screwed the strap up tight. It took no more than 5 minutes and didn't charge me for a thing which was nice. So now once again I have my gates back to normal. They look as good as they did when my mate fixed them so I am keeping my fingers crossed. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment