Thursday 16 May 2013

Still cold

Yesterday was a dull very cold day with the temperature not rising above 10c 50f all day.
  There were pictures on Television of snow in several places. This is in the middle of May. I can recall my Mother telling me many years ago that she got up to a covering of snow in May but the sun shone and it was soon gone and she told me that it turned out to be a lovely day.
 By the way, we did get some welcome rain the night before, not too much, in fact my water butts on my greenhouse did not get filled up completely but I do now have plenty of water once again.
 Today I decided to dig a new potato up but I must admit that I was surprised and a little disappointed at the outcome. Almost no potatoes at all. In fact I had to feel round several tubers to get enough for a meal. I must admit though they tasted beautiful but I think it will be at least another week before I try once more to see if my new potatoes are ready.
 My Best Pal called to see me on Tuesday and he did tell me that where he lived there had been lots of rain. I told him that I knew this because Derby was due to play cricket and only had an over of cricket when light rain came down, soon after the match was abandoned because the umpires had said that the ground could not take any more rain. I told my pal  we have had next to no rain. He told me that he had noticed because he could get the car next to his caravan without any mud at all.
 Today has been a much better day, not hard to beat yesterday though.
 With the ground being wetter I decided to plant my runner beans out so let us hope we get no more frosts this season. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment