Wednesday 28 August 2013

Eggs again

The next doors neighbour, the one with the chickens called today. She informed me that there had just been an increase of chickens. 10 to be precise. She told me that once again there would be eggs for me. As I am not greedy at all I just asked for 3 eggs. I told her I would go and look at the new batch. they certainly looked at home but the coop where they were kept was overgrown. She then said that it was going to be cleared a little. We then went to see if there were any eggs. I think there were 9 altogether the chickens had obviously used just one place to lay the eggs. Anyway they were certainly fresh.
 I asked her if she wanted any runner beans and she told me that although they had set some they were not producing many so I gave her what I had picked this morning, just over 1.5 lbs around 750 grammes. I also asked her if she wanted a few James Grieve apples. They are a dual apple, either eating or cooking, mind you the eating part is still tarty but the wasps love them so I tend to pick them early.
 I then told her I would look and see what the extension looked like. I must admit I was a little surprised. She told me the first part was to be a laundry room, there was also a small alcove where her washing machine was to be situated. there was a sort of lobby to the right, you walked a few paces and on the left was a shower room. further left was a single bedroom, well the modern houses would definitely call it a double bedroom. I suggested that this was where her Son was to sleep and that he would be there in 3 or so weeks.
 The reply surprised me for she told me that he would only be sleeping there sometimes as he liked it better in the local town.
 Earlier I had made an effort to visit the couple who took over my old business.Almost 16 years since I was there. They are always pleased to see me and his wife insists on giving me a good-bye kiss.
 I took them some runner beans. I had expected my best Pal to be here but last night he rung me to say his wife had a recurrence of sciatica and she was having an MRI scan today so they would not be down for a while. Anyway I was pleased to give the couple the runner beans. As of now I have no runner beans at all. I will though tomorrow morning when I next go and pick the latest beans that are ready. I guess at least another 1lb. Mustn't complain though. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment