Monday 5 August 2013

To continue

I had my old fridge/freezer from 2000 so it didn't owe me anything really although apart from it losing it's gas it looked good. It did though need defrosting regular.
 After having notification of my slot for delivery and pick up of my old appliance. I then worked it out that I would probably have to defrost my old
fridge/freezer about 7.00am.
 As I get up early it was no problem so just before 7.00am on Friday morning I started to take everything out of my freezer compartment putting them in bin bags and then covering them up with a sort of tarpaulin. Typical though it was terribly hot but one can't do anything about the weather.
 I then emptied my fridge and left the fresh milk in the fridge. I then started to defrost the freezer compartment. I saved most of the ice the washing up bowl. This I had collected from the freezer. I then stood the milk in the bowl and this kept the milk nice and cool.
 I finished defrosting by around 8.30am. Cleaning and drying all as I had been instructed to do. It looked nice and clean, if it hadn't been for a couple of freezer door lids with slight cracks it looked almost new.
 So now I was ready and had my breakfast.
 Just after 9.00am. I looked out of my front door and noticed a large van pull up. I opened the door and the man waved to me and shouted that he had a delivery for me also he was to pick up my old appliance.
 I was astounded as it was just about time that the slot should begin. (.05am. to 10.05am. I asked him where he had come from and he told me Barnsley and that this was a good job as he had plenty of work and he was working on a sort of circle with the last drop being at Scunthorpe.
 He asked me where the appliance was to be situated. I told him and asked if he could take away the packaging. He told me that there was no problem. He had a young assistant and they soon bought the new fridge/freezer in. I had moved the old one and I asked them if they could put it in the place where the old one had been. He did this readily also taking the package that protected the fridge during transit. He then made sure all was O.K. then plugged the appliance in but told me not to switch it on for an hour. It would then be fine.
 He remarked on my old appliance but also said the cookers were the worst appliances to remove. He then took my old one away, came back and asked me to sign and then was gone. In all, it took less than 20 minutes. I was very pleased with the service.
 I did remark to him that the service was fantastic. He told me that the Co-op was the best organised Company that he knew. I certainly couldn't fault the service received.
 It took about an hour for the freezer compartment to get cold enough to put my contents in. I just managed to fit all in, it did take the fridge compartment longer to cool down, nearly 2 hours but it is working fine, the temperature is lower than my old fridge compartment.
 I did try to freeze some vegetables and was delighted first how quickly they froze and secondly there was very little ice on them at all. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment