Friday 30 August 2013

New supplier

Yesterday I was busy all afternoon with the prospective new supplier for my LPG.
 I went online a couple of months ago to a web site I have used before. Later that day I had a phone call from the Company. I told them what I required and this included a fixed price for at least 1 year. All the other suppliers give a low initial price for a litre of LPG but after the first delivery the price is never as low as that again.
 This guy told me that he had found a Company who was prepared to give a fixed price for 1 year. I told him that perhaps I was not out of contract for about a month. He told me not to worry, he would give my details to the Company and they would contact me.
 true to form, within a few days I had lots of forms to fill in, these I did and returned them to the Company.
 I thought I had better contact my current supplier to see when my contract expired. I was told it was on August 5th. just a week away.
 A couple of days later I received a phone call from the prospective supplier informing me that I was still under contract. I immediately let them know that I would be out of contract within less than a week. With this I was told that things would start to move.
 A week later I had an engineer to check the bulk tank. He then told me that with the regulations changing since I had the tank installed the site did not comply with current regulations. He then added that in all probability it would be alright.
 As time passed by and hearing nothing I just thought that the Company had decided that they would not proceed any further.
 I was surprised on Tuesday as I had another phone call informing me that the tank was not sited correctly but they were prepared to move the tank at their expense and a representative would visit me on Wednesday.
 It was not that day but the representative contacted me and said he would be here on Thursday afternoon.
 He duly arrived and together with a female colleague proceeded to measure up. He then told me that I would have to arrange for another base to be made so the the tank could sit on that. I immediately told him that according to the phone call, the work would be carried out and would cost me nothing.
 After several phone calls all was agreed. I would have to pay for some large tubs to put in front of the bulk tank. This would be so that if any vehicle backed it would hit the tubs and not the tank or it's piping's. To help me though he would arrange to give me a further 50 litres of gas and reduce the cost by almost 1p a litre of a year.
 I agreed to this but he told me that the tank must be no more than 25% full, as it is around 50% full this will not happen for well over a month.
 Still it looks as if I have a fixed price for 1 year, fingers crossed. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment