Friday 2 August 2013

Expense

I have not been here for a few days because I have had some kitchen appliance problems.
 First I had a little trouble with my microwave so I went online and my mate was good enough to order it online and then pick it up at his local supermarket.
 He called to see me on Wednesday and I had told him about my fridge/freezer working overtime and he told me that it was probably getting low on gas. I immediately concurred and to be honest hadn't given it a thought. With the motor running most of the time I thought it was high time I looked for another one.
 As I wished to have a frost free fridge and freezer combined  the size was limited for me. I had, yeas had a fridge/freezer with a freezer capacity of 145 litres but there were none in the domestic department that reached this. The only ones were the double door sort which would not fit i9nto my kitchen even if I wished to have one.
 Well, after searching the web for well over an hour. I eventually found one that was 111 litres and it also had the frost free fridge/freezer. It was A+ rated so I decided to go ahead with it. This, by the way was early evening on Wednesday.
It was the cheapest by Co-op so I went to their web site and ordered it.
 To be honest all seemed to be straight forward. I was given a delivery day of Friday August 2nd. Yes, today so I paid by credit card, I also paid £9.99 to have my old fridge/freezer removed. It also stated that if I wished they would take away the packaging that the new one would have.
 I received an e-mail on Thursday instructing me to make sure the appliance was completely frost free, clean and had no water in it at all. It also stated that I would receive later in the day another e-mail giving me a time slot for when it would be delivered.
 Around 5.15pm. I went online and sure enough there was an e-mail. I was shocked to read that the delivery slot would be Friday morning between 9.05am. and 10.05am. Can this be true? I thought. Most Companies give an all day time, if one is lucky then perhaps an AM. or PM delivery slot is given. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment