Wednesday 14 August 2013

Surprised.

Today the workmen were once again working on next doors extension after the last 2 days of poor weather.
 I managed to catch the Postman the first time in a while, mind you he has been on holiday all last week.
 I wanted to give him a few grapes. They are a little larger this year but the skins are still tough.
 I took him some grapes out and saw a guy waiting to talk to me. I recognised him as a man who has done work for me over several years. He was working next door, replacing the block paving which had to be removed for the extension.
Talking away he told me that he now had a swimming pool in his garden. I immediately suggested that his water bill would be enormous. What he told me next made me wonder just how much some people get each week.
 He told me that it was not as much as you would think it would cost. I then asked him how much? His reply was "Only about £60 a week". I then told him that was over 50% of my weekly State Pension. All he told me was that it was different when one got old and retired.
 I just wonder if he will be able to rein in on his spending habits when he eventually retires. I guess he is in his early 50s.
Thank goodness I have always managed on a small budget money wise so I o not find it too hard to make ends meet. I pity some of the younger element when it is their turn to retire and live on a State pension. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment