Tuesday 11 March 2014

No electric

On Friday evening about 7.00pm. the electric was cut off. I hurriedly found a candle and lit that. I also put the battery radio on so it wasn't too bad. About 40 minutes later the phone rang. I immediately thought that this should not happen as when there is no power you can not use the telephone. Anyway I lifted up the receiver and it was an automated message informing me that that this was an automated message and told me how to access it. The message came from Western Power informing me that there was a power interruption and that the estimated time for reconnection would be 8.30pm. As it turned out it was just after 8.00pm.
 On Sunday the fence man called to give me an estimate for some fencing. He is very busy and it will be in May before he can fit me in.
 I have also been trying to get an electrician for a few weeks, this guy told me he would call yesterday afternoon. I decided to go out in the front driveway and do a little cleaning of the block paving. The east wind was though cold and I kept going inside to get warm.
 On one of my outings I saw this Woman walking her dog so I spoke to her. It turned out that she lived  3 doors down and she remarked that she had lived here for 3 years and this was the first time she had seen anyone at my property. I told her I keep myself to myself. We talked for about 20 minutes then off she went with her dog. Soon after the electrician came and did a survey. He told me he would do the job but it would be in April. Still I have a date when the work will be done. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment