Friday 7 March 2014

Tomato

This plum tomato, believe it or not is one that I picked off my plant in late November. I had a few and placed them on the window ledge to ripen. Somehow I didn't notice this one until a couple of days ago. I can't believe it really. Now it is March and still I manage to have a tomato from last year.
 I went this morning for further tests at the Surgery. Unfortunately for me things were not as straight forward as I had hoped. My B.P. was very very high and another Doctor was involved. So now I am on  a monitored watch. I think it is because I did too much work over the last few days. I think I am still a young guy and this is not so. Anyway I will now take it easy for some time.
 I was watching the local News on T.V and a photo of J. Arthur Rank  came on screen. It bought back to mind when I was in my twenties around the early 60s. I used to frequent a Road House a few miles out of town and there were a mixed bunch there. One guy I became friendly with was someone who worked as a personal Valet to a landowner and his Wife was J. Arthur Rank's Daughter. Her name, he told me was Urkie. I told him I had never heard of such a name. He laughed and told me her name was Ursula and that was her nick name. She could be a bit sharp he told me.
 As I worked on the railway at the time the land which the Landowner owned had a railway running through it. It was a small Branch Line which went to a local Ironstone drift mine. I had heard from a few Drivers that if the Lady was on her horse and the gates were closed. Severe swear words would be uttered from her. I guess this was Ursula.
 I now intend to have a restful week end. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment