Tuesday 18 March 2014

Probably google

I have had some trouble yesterday not only with having access to my blog but also my mail. It must have been Google as later on last night things went back to normal. I managed to get on my blog with no trouble at all. Anyway I am pleased that things are hopefully as I like them.
  Today we had some rain, not a lot but enough to stop me from working in the garden. Not that I can do too much at the moment as it is still early in the year and many frosts can still happen.
 There is an old saying which goes like this.
 "As many fogs there are in March as many frosts there be in May". I hope this doesn't occur this year because we had a few foggy mornings recently.
 I saw my postman friend today, I have been looking out for him for the last few days. He sets Foremost first early potato seeds. As I grow Arran Pilot I thought I would try a Foremost to see if they are worth growing. First I asked him if he had set his new potatoes, he told me he had just set one row, also some Spinach, incidentally I do not care for the taste. He also told me he had yet to rotovate the rest of his garden, which is huge. I guess well over an acre, mine is a little less than 1/5 of an acre. He agreed with me that the ground is still not quite dry enough just yet. He is off work tomorrow so with the windy weather he hoped to dig in his manure. With the rain we had, I still think he will be able to do that.
 My mate is calling tomorrow, first time in ages, I have some tomato seedlings for him. I wouldn't normally give them to him just yet as they are so small but it will be at least 3 weeks before he will be here again. Still they will be alright in his conservatory for a couple of weeks. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment