Monday 31 March 2014

Fixed Electric price

On Friday I had an e-mail from energyhelpline offering a fixed price for electricity for 2 years. It is not the first time they have contacted me as I have used them before.
 About 6 months ago they promoted an offer but when I put my details in the Company informed me that as I was on a fixed tariff they could not beat the deal I was on and advised me to stay as I was.
  This time I put my details in and sure enough the offer they gave me was a better deal than the one I was currently on. This deal ceases the last day of August anyway.
 When all relevant details were inserted they confirmed that I could save around £50+ a year plus a £20 cash back. This would be credited to my account about 2 months after I have been with the new provider. Incidentally the provider is called First Utility. As I can only have one fuel as I unfortunately do not have access to Town Gas. Anyone who takes out both gas and electricity would receive £40 cash back.
 Well I decided to proceed and signed up for the new deal, incidentally is only available until 12st. April and the fixed term is from April 16th. 2014 until April 16th. 2016.
 On Saturday morning I rung my mate up and told him to go on to that site as I was sure it was a good deal and would probably save him about £200 a year.
 Yesterday afternoon he rung me and informed me that he had checked all online and agreed that this was a good deal and he had signed up for the 2 year fixed deal and then told me he would save around £140 a year plus the £40 cash back. I told him I was thrilled to bits that he had done the deal. I then told him to immediately go to his Partner and get her to sign up for this deal. I know I don't care much for her but I would never do anything to stop her from saving money.
 What my mate's Partner doesn't  know is that it was me who told my mate about the great deal that was going around on Solar installation. I insisted that he told her that it was a cracking deal and that she would earn around the same amount of money as I get each year for about 1/2 the cost of mine.
 My mate told me he explained all to her and it was up to her to make her mind up.
 Thank goodness she made the correct decision, probably with a little help from my mate. I am sure she will investigate this offer further and if it is advantageous then I am sure she will also proceed.
 Anyone who reads this blog is welcome to go to energyhelpline and check what is on offer, before the 21st. April this year and I am sure that they will not be disappointed. I think the offer is called First Utility Isave Fixed v16th. April 2016. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment