Wednesday 5 March 2014

Painting done

 
 
As the pictures show I have painted some of the kick boards and posts too.
I have in total 35 fencing panels.10 out in front of my Property. Each one is 6' wide and 3' high. In the rear of my Property I have 25 each panel is again 6' wide but this time 5' high. As you will see I have a large area around  210' in length and about 48' wide.   You will notice that I painted some panels that I had originally erected on the opposite side. Unfortunately I ran out of my creosote mixture. So I do have some Ronseal Fence Life 5 litres in all. I hope to have erected 8 panels in total along the border at the bottom of my garden so I hope this will be sufficient.
 To be honest, I am buggered having worked these last few days but I am very pleased with the outcome. You will notice how black looking the mixture is. I originally bought what was called Golden Creosote but it was the sump oil that changed the colour. I expect that this is the last time I will ever paint the fence panels.
 Today I tried to do a little digging of my raised beds, well one of them anyway. The ground is still sodden and my shoes had to be scraped and then washed, they were so clogged up in muddy soil. I did though set a few shallots. All I did was dig a hole and drop them in, making sure I protected them from the destructive Blackbirds, they pull them out if they are not protected. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment