Tuesday 1 August 2017

Appointments!!!

Last Friday I had an appointment with a Nurse which I thought was routine but it certainly was not. I was in the Consulting Room for 40 minutes. The Nurse was obviously not satisfied because she informed me that I would be contacted and new appointments would follow.
 Yesterday morning I was contacted by the Surgery in Mablethorpe and an appointment was made for this Friday at 8.30.am. This I thought was that but no way. My Best Pal rung up about 11.30.am. asking me if I was in this afternoon. Naturally I told him I would so I went out to open the gates. As I arrived back indoors the telephone was ringing once more. It was once again the Surgery in Mablethorpe informing me that I must see a Doctor and would Friday be convenient? I reminded her that I had already an appointment at 8.30.am. but she suggested that if I could get to my local Surgery at 11.50.am on Friday I could have a further appointment. This was arranged and I agreed that I would be there.
 This means that  I have a Dental Appointment on Thursday afternoon, 2 appointments at the two Surgeries on Friday and  next Tuesday I have an appointment at Louth Hospital. I wonder if this is some sort of record?
 I sent the lad an e-mail letting him know that my Best Pal would be here from 2.30.pm. No sooner had my Pal arrived when the door bell rang, it was the lad who came in with a couple of tomatoes for him. He wanted my Pal to see his garden but it started to rain a little so when it ceased we went round. He was proud to show his onions which he had taken the tops off some and put them in an onion bag. I did point out to him that they had not dried sufficiently to be placed in the bag so we took them out and lay them in the greenhouse to dry. He showed my Pal his latest cauliflower which is looking great. His tomatoes look good too but I did notice that he had given my Pal the only 2 ripe tomatoes. At least he was pleased to show his garden to my Pal.
 I had already given my Pal some onions but warned him that they would probably not last that long as I had some rot. I also gave him some rhubarb, a bunch of grapes 1/2 a cucumber some Czar plums enough runner beans for a meal and an apple for his Wife. Needless to say whilst he was here we had a couple of heavy showers but at least it is not cold. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment